one more receptive/expressive question

Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU
Wed Aug 21 13:54:19 UTC 2013

Hi again! Thanks to all who responded to my earlier question - such helpful
I noticed something in your replies that made me think of an additional
question: most of you talked about the process of writing and how
expressive/receptive affects that process. Do any of you have any thoughts
on how the choice affects reading? For example, when you read something
written expressively, do you think that it makes you experience the writing
differently? Are you more likely to sign it "out loud" (physically perform
the signs in whole or in part while signing)? To notice spelling or writing
choices that would differ from your own? Does putting yourself in the
writer's shoes make you relate to them more?
Thanks!
Erika

--
Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway