Fwd: S Asian Sign Languages

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Dec 3 15:43:40 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
December 3, 2013

Dear SignWriting List members!
I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend here on the North American continent ;-)

My family and friends had a great time on Thanksgiving Day, with so much food we will have leftovers for a very long time... Wish I could share it with all of our members of the SignWriting List….( smile )

I hope that 2014 will bring us all closer, with the SignWriting Symposium in July 2014 here in La Jolla. But the planning for the Symposium has not really started yet, so that is for the New Year...

For right now, I am posting a message below that was just posted to another public List, called the Sign Language Linguist List (SLLING-L). As you can see below, the message is about sign languages of Nepal and other regions in Asia …I remember that Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway did her Ph.D dissertation on Nepal Sign Language, and used SignWriting to record her data findings - Perhaps others here on the SignWriting List have information about Asian sign languages? It would be wonderful to write more of them...If so, you may want to contact Dr. Mike Morgan…and if any of you have written other Asian sign languages, please tell us about your work -

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Val ;-)

PS. I am re-constructing our SignWriting Shop shopping cart on the SignWriting web site, page by page, using PayPal buttons - we are so blessed to have PayPal in the world - without them, it would cost our non-profit organization a great deal of money to hire someone to re-design the shopping cart, which went down last month because the old computer that ran the shopping cart was 10 years old, here in my home, and the software was so out-of-date that I have to start from scratch to re-design it - but it is a fun job and I hope to be done in the next day or so - I feel very optimistic about 2014 - so many good things are happening!

Begin forwarded message:

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu