Teaching Signwriting to deaf children in Tunisia

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Wed Dec 18 23:28:49 UTC 2013

English follow..

Bonjour,

Suite à une demande d'André Thibeault, j'ai commencé à préparer du matériel d'initiation à l'écriture des langues signées.  Il cherchait du matériel pour une fillette de 4 ans.

Je prévois rendre ce matériel disponible à l'ensemble de la communauté qui écrivent des langues signées.   Ce matériel sera facile à traduire.
C'est un de mes projet de vacances de fin d'année.

J'avais prévu contacter la Tunisie pour vous le proposer car j'ai bien aimé votre site.

André Lemyre

I am working on some material.  It will be available in January.
I will write to you directly to send a draft...
André Lemyre

Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:22:23 +0000
From: livingtabernacle at YAHOO.FR
Subject: Teaching Signwriting to deaf children in Tunisia
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Hello everyone!One of my students is preparing her Graduation Project, and she chose to write about teaching signwriting to deaf children in Tunisia.She will be teaching children who are 6,7 and 8 years old, that will be for 4 months, after that we will check the results and how signwriting does help children:1/ Memorize Sign Language, 2/ Learn Arabic and French (our official languages), and also English later on.3/ Embetter sound recognition.4/ Make them express themselves using their mother tongue.Etc....This is very important to my student, she was very courageous to work on such a project, but I have no idea how we can work that out, neither the materials we can use in this deaf school for
 teaching.Does anyone have an idea how to start, and what kind of materials I can make....If this small project is well made and if it could bear fruits, many other deaf schools will be happy to ask us to teach SW in all over the country!Please I need every single advice from you!!!Blessings

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu

sutton at signwriting.org