News from Brazil...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Dec 4 03:04:13 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
December 3, 2013

Hello Madson and Raquel!
Thank you for informing the SignWriting List about your many events teaching SignWriting in Brazil online and in workshops…

Because of your recent course online, 1,768 people learned about LIBRAS, linguistic issues, and SignWriting - I think that is amazing and wonderful!

I followed your link below, and I signed up to the web site with my email address, even though it is not Sunday yet. Then I watched a video which is an introduction for hearing people - I enjoyed listening to the beautiful spoken language of Portuguese and I watched the pictures and understood that you were talking about the history of SignWriting … I loved seeing the photo of Marianne Stumpf, and you mentioned that Dr. Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa started using SignWriting in Brazil in 1996 … and with others started the Projeto SignNet - that is all so true!

I remember when Antonio Carlos came to visit me and my Dad in La Jolla in 1996 - it was our first meeting and there were several other times after that…And to think how far it is spreading in Brazil now …thank you for carrying the torch forward...

As you know, I sent you the ASL Bible book… "The Gospel According to John” in written ASL … in the postal mail on November 13th - I looked at the tracking information today and it has cleared customs - You should receive it shortly -

Enjoy your travels!

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: