A novel combining wizardry and SignWriting!

Kimberley Shaw skifoot at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 28 00:37:47 UTC 2013

Hello everyone:
at long, long last ... my novel is available for the world to see and buy!
What is this story? It tells of a mainstreamed kid, who isn't getting
along so great in a hearing/speaking-only environment. The school she
goes to is something like Harry Potter's Hogwarts, but in America.
(After all, there must be *some* Deafs in the "Potterverse", right?
And how can the American "Witch City" not have a magical school of its
own?) But when she encounters magic-workers who talk and WRITE in Sign,
everything changes for the better.
It's called "A Handful of Spells", and I've been working on the
manuscript since 2007. I do eventually want to find it a real
publisher, but in the meanwhile, here is the self-published version:
     http://www.harvard.com/index.php?/book/a_handful_of_spells
     $15 per copy, for sale online.
OR for those of you in the Boston / Cambridge MA area (USA), stop on
by the store, admire the machine they print it on, and pick up a copy
in person!
All the best,
Kimberley Shaw ("Kim from Boston")