AW: SignBook App

Schneider, Lasse Lasse.Schneider at C1-WPS.DE
Thu Feb 14 09:25:36 UTC 2013

Hello Maria,

my colleague Thorben Pergande, who also works on the app, answered your questions below.

Best regards,
Lasse

Dear Maria,

thank you for your feedback and interest! I will answer your questions in the order you asked them:

Question 1: Would you be able to input other dictionaries of other sign languages? And what needs to be done to have your sign language dictionary in sign book?

Answer 1: Yes, we are able to put other sign languages like LSM inside our app. We will activate LSM in a few days.

Question 2: Can you send 'text messages' from signbook? and if so, do those receiving have to have signbook to access the messages, or can the messages still be read?

Answer 2: This is a good idea, but in the current version of the app it is impossible to send text messages to other people. We are surprised, that this feature is mentioned in the context of our app SignBook, because we never announced such a feature. But it is still a great idea! If we decide to add such functionality, we will let you know.

Question 3: At this link http://appshopper.com/education/signbook the price of Signbook for me is not clear..is it 179 Euros or 1.79Euros - sorry about this seemingly silly question..but if its the higher price I don't think i would buy it just now if it doesn't support LSM (maltese sign language)

Answer 3: This is not a seemingly silly question, the website you linked indeed has a confusing price label style! The actual price is 1.79 € or 1.99 $. I recommend to use the direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/%20signbook/id578623368 Here the price information is more transparent ;)

Question 4: 4. When you first announced the app, I downloaded that app on my husband's IPhone (I have an android) - i opened the app, but so far all I was able to do was to view the signs in the dictionary - i could not compose any message. I was also redirected to the delegs webpage, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Answer 4: Thank you for using our app! But like in question 1 and answer 1 our app (Signbook) is not able to send any messages. The Signbook app currently is able to  browse through dictionaries of several sign languages. Signbook provides  a search (on iPhone at the top of the overview-screen, you can scroll there) an the opportunity to change the shown dictionary (tap on the button "dictionaries" on the top right). In a few days or weeks there will be LSM too ;)
However you can create documents using the Delegs Editor: http://delegs.de/delegseditor/?locale=en

I hope, this anwers your questions. The whole team thanks you for your interest!

Best regards,

Thorben

Hi Lasse,
I have a few questions:

[...]

If there is any other (descriptive) information i can obtain about your product, could you please direct me to it

Thank you!!

maria