discussion: design of bent fingers

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Feb 15 18:21:31 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
February 15, 2013

Hello Stefan and everyone -
Yes, I am fully supportive of any project that uses SignWriting and do not worry about me - I am delighted that SignWriting is used is so many different ways around the world.  I am sure your graphics will be beautiful as it always is…

Asking my opinion is only necessary if it is of help - ha! Otherwise discount it…(big grin;-)

Curves and bends have been defined differently in the past, but the truth is that most people cannot perform the difference, and so it may not matter too much, whether a bend or curve is written - it may be interchangeable - the meaning probably will remain the same for the written sign whether it is a curve or a bend…the only time that might not be true would be in classifiers perhaps, where we are trying to make the fingers look like a bent object, or a curved object…I guess we need to leave this to the writers and time will tell - meanwhile fonts are good things and we need them - so please keep up with your work...

We look forward to learning more about your projects and please keep posting here to the List - We love your messages...

Val ;-)

------