English Idioms translated to ASL

Natasha Escalada-Westland blushash at COX.NET
Wed Jun 5 13:08:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

Many of these signs don't include idiomatic translations in the Sign Puddle
dictionary. For some, I have gone back and copied the sign in the dictionary, then
added English words and phrases to expand the definition of the previously
entered sign in the past.  This helps my ASL students to find a sign when they try
to look it up.

I am also interested in creating an easy reference for common ASL idioms and
phrases.  So you suggest this be done in the literature puddle rather than the
dictionary Val?  Figuring out how to index something for someone else to find later
as needed is sometimes a challenge :-)

Natasha Escalada-Westland