Glyphs, graphemes or symbols? ISWA terminology

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Wed Jun 19 14:48:41 UTC 2013

On 6/19/13 6:46 AM, maria galea wrote:
> Yes - this is the problem the terms are used differently in different 
> areas - Maybe Steve Slevinski could tell us what they use in the area 
> of unicode...
I believe for Unicode, glyph is primarily used as a technical term used 
for the individual graphics in a font file.

It is an interesting problem because different groups use terms differently.


More information about the Sw-l mailing list