Question for ASL SignWriters..

maria galea signwriting.maria at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 9 02:22:54 UTC 2013

Dear friends,
,
I located these two signs from the ASL Literatuer Puddle
and

I'm sorry i have no idea what these signs mean, since I don't sign ASL -
however from context I kinda assume the first means READ the second
something like KNOWN-AS-IN-ENGLISH /QUOTE- however my question doesn't
concern their meaning as such. My question is this:
Can these two signs still be read if you change the handshape to thjs
handshape instead:   (naturally with the rotation needed for the first sign)

Really appreciate your feedback!

THANK you!! :)
maria