SignWriting has successfully moved to a new server!

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jun 13 15:43:57 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
June 13, 2013

Dear SignWriting List -

I am happy to tell you that we have moved all of the SignWriting web sites, including SignPuddle Online, to a new, faster server. The move is complete and as far as we know, all is working smoothly. The new server is definitely faster. My thanks to DeafVision and Steve Slevinski, for making this move go so well...If you experience any problems with our sites, of course tell us.

We now have more room to expand on this new server. It is our dream to have more and more visitors to our sites, as the Wikipedias in written sign languages become established...

This July, just two weeks away, we are presenting a SignWriting Workshop near the beach in La Jolla, California. Hope you can attend - We have funding for scholarships, so you may be able to attend for free. Write to me...

SignWriting Workshop Near The Beach
July 1st - July 7th, 2013
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/workshops

Next year, in 2014, we hope to establish a tradition of SignWriting Symposiums held here in La Jolla. You all will be invited to present papers on your research and teaching experiences, using SignWriting, and also, we hope to encourage those who would like to create Wikipedias in their own sign languages, to come to learn with us, how to start and manage your Wikipedias…

This is a new era. Written sign languages are becoming an everyday experience, when signers all over the world, can read articles on every subject in their own sign language, free on the web, in a Wikipedia, and can add their own articles, and edit articles in SignWriting…it will be amazing!

The SignWriting Symposium 2014 will be an adventure in new thinking…what fun to meet you all in person!

sutton at signwriting.org

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc