All Things Linguistic: SignWriting in ASL

Erika erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU
Sat Mar 2 17:54:09 UTC 2013

Forgive typos - writing on phone.
But yeah, I think I was starting to annoy people! But it was quite interesting to see how entrenched an assumption it is that simplicity in a system is an inherent virtue (such that a system that permits a wide range of choice in detail is seen as flawed because the more complex end of the range exists).

Sent from my iPhone