All Things Linguistic: SignWriting in ASL

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 4 18:47:49 UTC 2013

I do believe you Maria, and everyone else who has made ANY claim on other systems other than HamNoSys that claim to be "writing systems for ASL," Only SW can claim a history of more than 40 years in more than 40 countries. The si5S system is patently FALSE and his master's thesis should be rejected on incomplete research.

Charles Butler

chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com

240-764-5748

Clear writing moves business forward.

From: MARIA GALEA <maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT>
Subject: Re: All Things Linguistic: SignWriting in ASL
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013, 6:56 AM

I can't believe the claims being made about si5s on the website

http://www.si5s.org/  i think it is very unfair and untrue to say this:

"si5s is the first comprehensive writing system for ASL."
There are documents in SignWriting since the 1970s! and si5s was developed
in 2003.

I really need to locate and read Arnold's MA thesis from Galluadet univ.
can anyone help me get hold of this work? It's called "A Proposal For A
Written System of ASL"

thank you!
maria