Share your research at the SignWriting Workshop=?windows-1252?Q?=85all_?=sign languages welcome!

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu May 2 14:59:07 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
May 2, 2013

See my answer below...

> On May 2, 2013, at 3:48 AM, "Natasha Escalada-Westland" <blushash at COX.NET> wrote:
>
>> Hi Valerie,
>>
>> Are the workshops on the 5th and 6th cancelled? One of the flyers I saw had
>> mentioned a workshop on movement on the 5th and Non-Manuals on the 6th.  I
>> was interested in those.  Just curious if more details have been changed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Natasha Escalada-Westland

------------

Hello Natasha and Adam -
Thanks for this question, and I know Adam has already answered you - all topics will still be taught, just in a flexible manner, and all 7 days are still happening…

See Workshop Topics:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/workshops/index.html#topics

We will be holding July 1,2,3,5,and 6th at the La Jolla Recreation Center, and the July 4th and 7th at my home on my beautiful deck looking out at a canyon - I do so look forward to seeing you in July….

We decided to make it more like a one-room schoolhouse atmosphere, so that everyone's interests are met on the days they can come … See description below. So the topics you are interested in… Movement and Non-Manuals… as you can see below with the schedule - are most definitely there and will be focused on heavily…but we may be working with Movement and Non-Manuals sooner than July 5th and 6th too, depending on the levels of the signwriters who arrive…that is why we have three teachers…in case we need to have two or three simultaneous levels being taught at the same time - this workshop is fascinating because we have a combination of local signers who are new to SignWriting, and then advanced teachers like yourself, Natasha, who have specific needs and issues to discuss - so if you want to change your schedule for some reason, we can work around that, knowing what you want to focus on… all within the first week of July… and you are still welcome to stay with me if you wish...

And I hope others from Portugal and Brazil can come, although I just learned that one researcher wants to come during the Brazilian summertime, December ;-))

THIS workshop is in July at the beach… and it really is just one block from the beautiful beaches of La Jolla - near the Seal beach too, where seals live right on the beach, and swimming beaches as well...maybe your children will enjoy coming one day to the beach? and since the workshop is held at the Recreation Center, there is also a children's playground with swings, slides, basketball and tennis courts for your children to play on, while we adults discuss writing Facial Expressions and Movement Symbols - ha!

Val ;-)

-------