How do I write a tremble - Valerie help

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 7 14:16:33 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
May 7, 2013

Hello Charles and Cherie…

First, you need the symbol-combination that means PRESS. That is a combination of the Tension Symbol with the Touch Contact Star. Whenever those two symbols are written together it means PRESS, and when one reads the sign, one knows that the pressure is going to remain, and any movement is coming from the stationary arm…here is the way I would write the sign for MEDICINE in ASL, for example, which has the middle finger pressing on the other hand, while the small arrows are "small finger arrows". The movement is really from the pressing finger…staying stationary but jiggling from side to side…

You could apply that kind of writing to your sign, Charles…I would I believe if I have understood the sign correctly…

So the combination of contact, tension and tiny finger arrows creates the "shaking" feeling that can be applied to earthquake and other signs too...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ASL_medicine.png
Type: image/png
Size: 2052 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the Sw-l mailing list