Fwd: asmaa shaban - arabic signwriting

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Thu May 9 13:58:25 UTC 2013

Hi Asmaa Shaban,

     This is a rough outline as to how you might go about doing this.

For each word in typed into your program, read through the Egyptian XML
file from the SignPuddle and find a matching entry.
For each matching entry get the FSW from the entry, parse it and create
the objects that represent that sign. In the code I will send you
SPMLConverter.ImportSPML does this.

Pass the objects to your renderer which will read the need symbols from
the database and compose them into a sign. DrawSWDrawing is the function
that does this

I will send you some code privately which can do some of these steps but
you will have to adapt it to your program. It is licensed under the MIT
Open Source license

If you need to convert from VB.Net to C# you can use
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sharpdevelop/?source=dlp it get most
things but you may have to fix some bits by hand.

Feel free to ask any questions,  I will be away for a few days but will
get back to as soon as I can.

Jonathan

--

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>