Bebian system and SW

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Nov 7 14:05:49 UTC 2013

Hi Maria and everyone,

Maria, you are right.  I have this book.  Marc Renard is a Deaf French
author.  Not only Sutton system, but Stokoe system, Nève system, IVT system,
Jouison system, Hamnosys and so onŠ.

Best regards,

André

De :  maria galea <signwriting.maria at GMAIL.COM>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:23:24 +0100
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  Bebian system and SW

Hi Honza,
I read about Bebian and included a small section in my thesis.
There is a book you may be interested in by Marc Renard 'Ecrire les signes:
La mimographie d'Auguste Bebian et les notations contemporaines'. He
actually talks about SignWriting in his book also. I have been in contact
with the author who was very helpful. The only thing is that the book is in
French. Try and search for more on the internet, if you need further help,
I'll try to find the website where I ordered the book from.
thanks
maria

Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu