Sign puddle online does not translate existing words

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Oct 4 21:20:06 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
October 4, 2013

Hello André Thibeault -
It is great to hear from you. Because you are blind, before when you were using Windows, Steve developed the two different version of the Quebec Sign Language SignPuddles - one for sighted people and one for blind people, and on Windows, it was different. We had to reverse everything for you in SignPuddle, but then you changed to a Macintosh and on the Macintosh they have a built-in way for you to reverse your entire screen from black on white to yellow on black etc which may possibly change the way you are viewing our old SignPuddle "blind version" …Is it possible that signs seem to disappear from view because of this unusual issue between the different formats?

SignText is a good Editor. We use it to create books that are thousands of pages of SignWriting - the entire New Testament in ASL is being written in the SignText Editor, so I think it will be good for you to learn how to use it…

Here is an attached file - it teaches the Text Editing buttons in SignText -

I hope you enjoy learning SignText -