AW: AW: AW: The return of fingerspelling to SignPuddle

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 15 18:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi Steve,

this sounds great.

“For the "ss" and the "sch", are these always changed?  If so, I can support
these as well.”

I am not sure that I understand your question.

The German spelling is quite complicated, especially with regard to the use
of the letters "ss" or "ß". Some words are spelled with "ss", others with
"ß"
So for our finger alphabet we need both. There are no words beginning with
“ß” oder “ss”  ...

The “SCH” can happen as “sch” in the middle or at the end of a word. This
five-hand sign to indicate “SCH” is just a way to avoid three different
signs ( “S” + “C” + “H”)

If this is what you asked me – I hope you understand. If not  - do not
hesitate to ask again.

Thank you so much for all what you are doing!

Stefan

  _____