AW: AW: AW: help with writing an ASL sentence for an academic paper

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 8 20:45:05 UTC 2013

Hi Cherie

thanks for clarification ;-))

Stefan

  _____

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU] Im Auftrag von Cherie Wren
Gesendet: Sonntag, 8. September 2013 22:26
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: help with writing an ASL sentence for an academic paper

When i sign "WRITE"  the palm is not perfectly facing to the side or to the
front; instead it is kind of diagonally facing my right shoulder.  So when
the right hand 'writes' on it, is moving diagonally forward/right.  The
arrows are correct, the palm facing is an approximation.  Its too much
trouble to delve into the diagonal palm facings for everyday writing...

cherie

  _____