Heel of Hand or Top View

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Sep 20 18:52:42 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
September 20, 2013

Hello Jonathan!
Thank you for this question. I assume this information is needed for your software development of your program SignWriter Studio.

SignWriter Studio
http://www.SignWriterStudio.com

and it is good that you ask.

If a user does a search for "all Flat Hands that point the fingers forward, parallel to the Floor Plane", they should get BOTH the Front View choices and the Top View choices. That is correct that signs can be written from either viewpoint.

The answer to your first question below is YES… parallel to the Floor and pointing straight forward.

The answer to your second question below is YES … specifically for Flat Hands and Fists.

However, in my next message I will find the page numbers that will give you more information…

Val ;-)

--------