AW: AW: Sign for Samba

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 24 16:42:10 UTC 2013

Hi Charles,

I understand .... smile ...

This is a sign for my German deaf students. If I express an idea  ..and I
need to use this term I would sign it this way ... in order to allow my
students to write the term in German ..

Once the sign is introduced you would be able to sign it without this
“Samba”-mouthing ...and just accompany your signing with happy face and body
movement... smile

In DGS there also lots of possibilities to sign with only mouth gesture ...
but very very often you see deaf people signing this way ... as I said
before ... the information coming from the mouth, tongue, teeth and lips are
very important to understand...

I am not in the postion to discuss this as good or bad or political correct
... it is as it is ...

Stefan

  _____