Using SignWriting in Mobile Apps

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 26 17:19:12 UTC 2013

Bravisama, I am so glad to see this development in SignWriting. I worked with someone creating Bingo games using SignWriting about 10 years ago in Sao Paulo.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: Using SignWriting in Mobile Apps

SignWriting List
September 26, 2013

Hello Hilton Perantunes!
Welcome to the SignWriting List. There are quite a number of Brazilian SignWriting users on this List, so it is excellent that you have informed us of your new work with SignWriting in Brazil.

I have visited your web site:
Bravi Software
http://www.bravisoftware.com/

Your work looks impressive ;-)

Our List members should see this link:

LIBRAS-E-CANTOS
http://bravisoftware.com/libras-e-contos/

I particularly like this web page…see attached screen graphic:

I hope that our List members will give you feedback on your new App for Deaf Education, for sure ;-)

We can also give you software technical support, to coordinate with other SignWriting software -

And yes, SignWriting is used in different areas of Brazil, and also in around 40 other countries. We have two SignWriting Apps at the moment, but of course welcome more!

Thanks so much for sharing with us, and we look forward to reading more of your messages…

sutton at signwriting.org

------------

On Sep 25, 2013, at 7:11 AM, Hilton Perantunes <hilton.perantunes at bravisoftware.com> wrote:

Hi, I am new to the list and I would like to introduce myself: I am Hilton and I am part of a company based in Florianopolis, southern Brazil, that develops software to the education area.  Our website is http://www.bravisoftware.com.

>We are developing a tool named "Libras e Contos" ("Brazilian Sign Language and Short Stories"), designed to help tutors on teaching written Portuguese to deaf children.
>

>It is intended to be used in web pages and mobile devices, where a tutor can visualise short stories and use it in classrooms.  We are investigating the usage of SignWriting as a support element to this material.
>

>Is anyone in this list using SignWriting in a similar context or would anyone like to share experiences on its usage?
>

>Thanks and nice to meet you all,
>
>--
>
>Hilton Perantunes | Software Analyst
>hilton.perantunes at bravisoftware.com