EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Apr 7 15:04:08 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
April 7, 2014

Dear SW Listers:
At this moment, we have received 17 submissions for presenting at the SignWriting Symposium 2014! This is far more than we ever expected, and of course we are delighted ;-)

Thank you, to everyone who has already submitted your Titles and Abstracts. I will be writing to you privately soon...

As you all know, the deadline to submit your Titles and Abstracts has been extended. I do not want this to be stressful for anyone, and I know how busy you all are…

I will be preparing the web pages for the Symposium this week, so send in your Titles of your presentations if you have not already done so…Then, the Abstract is not due until May 5, 2014.

I will not close the Title Submissions until the middle of this week, since I have not yet heard from around 5 teachers who told me they wanted to submit…and their presentations will be a wonderful addition as well…I have learned from this that the month of April is a stressed time for a lot of teachers.

Here is the schedule once again:

-----------------------------------

SIGNWRITING SYMPOSIUM
Submit Your "Title & Category" by April 7, 2014
Submit One-Page Abstract by May 5, 2014
Submit Presentation by July 7, 2014
Online live presentation: July 21-24, 2014
Proceedings published in a web archive: September, 2014
Proceedings published in a PDF book: October, 2014

Please send us the Title of your presentation, like this:

a. TITLE of your proposed presentation
b. AUTHORS
c. AFFILIATIONS of authors (if no affiliations, leave blank)
d. CONTACT INFO (email, web, affiliation address, country)
e. LANGUAGES used in presentation, both sign and spoken languages (can be presented in multiple languages)
f. STATE A CATEGORY that best fits your submission:

• SignWriting in Education
• SignWriting in Literature
• SignWriting in Software
• SignWriting in Research

Then, send this information to:

sutton at signwriting.org

and

symposium at signwriting.org

That will reserve a spot for your Abstract on our web page, which I am building for the Symposium.

Then you have the whole month of April to write and submit your one-page Abstract to us by May 5th, 2014.

I feel honored that so many skilled SignWriting users are taking the time to submit presentations at the SignWriting Symposium.

It will be a great event, and will build into an important annual tradition -

Thanks everyone!

one of four chairpersons ;-)
SignWriting Symposium
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/2014/