So what did you think of the SignWriting Symposium?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Aug 2 16:26:17 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
August 2, 2014

Hello Charles -
Thank you also for presenting Presentation 10...

Presentation 10
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0010.html

I am glad to know that other presentations in the Symposium have inspired you to new thoughts and ideas for the future…

That is exactly what I hope will happen - We will inspire each other to new developments, projects and ideas to share…

Yes, I agree, Google Hangouts is wonderful. We wanted a split screen too - but the technology was not there - maybe in time we can find a way for a split screen on Google Hangouts but as far as we know that feature is not available yet -

Regarding transcripts - it is not possible to have a transcript for captioning in advance of speaking. The transcripts needed for captioning are not a script…it is exactly what was really spoken…so that deaf people or others reading the captions can know what was said, no matter what, even if it was a clearing of your throat, or saying “well”…or pausing and saying “uh” - the transcript has to be timed with the exact minute you say these things so when reading the captions it matches what the voice says on the video…

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu