SW Symposium is strong, published Proceedings should be ready in September

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Aug 4 17:13:37 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
August 4, 2014

Hello Claudia and Maria and Fabrizio -
Thank you for your messages, and for your generosity. Most of all, thank you for your three presentations, and for your research and support and use of SignWriting all these years.

And we look forward to working with you further -

And although I am grateful for your donations, there is no rush involved, Maria. I am not sure why you mention time. You did not have to donate at all if you cannot…I am not asking you to donate if you cannot be reimbursed.

As Claudia mentioned below, apparently you cannot be reimbursed by your Universities now after the Symposium is over, so I do not expect you to do this if you cannot be reimbursed.

Our organization should have had the funds in advance to pay for all this …so this is my fault…so you can put the blame on me…smile…and we are fine too. Our organization is 40 years old and we are still here! I am writing grants now, and we will be strong as always. We have another 40 years at least ;-)

We are simply learning how run conferences online.

Have you attended large conferences online where you present online, captured on video? I am curious…what were your experiences with those online conferences?...

We will publish the proceedings in a beautiful book, which I will put together - I do the book layout here. There is one presentation that has not given us their abstract yet (smile ;-), but we do have their PowerPoint presentation, so I will encourage them to give us their Abstract - if I don’t receive it I can base their proceedings on their PowerPoint -

Many people gave us their abstracts, slides and papers at the last minute - some just hours before they presented, and a few after they presented - so I cannot publish the proceedings in advance - but now I can.

I hope to have the published Proceedings with an ISBN number ready to go as an eBook by September - will that be soon enough?

Many blessings to you and thank you once again for your donations - I love your work and want it to continue as well -

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu