So what did you think of the SignWriting Symposium?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Aug 15 15:56:41 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
August 15, 2014

Thank you, Jonathan, for these comments and I agree with them all -

Steve was telling me how the Wikimania conference scheduled live streaming of their conference and it is quite similar to what you propose below - more time between performances and not so much of the problems that occurred with the technology -

We could actually cut those sections from another version of the longer videos we have, but we will also keep the long original versions of the videos too, because I think this whole process has been fascinating - if you realize that we did this with zero funding, and it was broadcast from my home office and our family room in our home, and in Steve’s office in Iowa - that alone is an amazing fact that technology has come that far - and because the Google Hangouts software is free to use that too makes it much more possible to use it -

But do not think, just because it was broadcast from our homes, that we are not a serious and important factor in the online Symposium world - I plan to make the SignWriting Symposium an important academic and educational event, as well as an entertaining event, for many years to come.

So all in all I think it was great we did it and we plan to improve it my leaps and bounds in 2015 - and it is this kind of feedback that is necessary to improve it - so thank you for these comments -

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu