[Sw-l] How can we reach more people with SignWriting?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Dec 21 18:06:38 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
December 21, 2014

Hi Kim -
Just want you to know that I did try to update the description of the SignWriting Basics Instruction Manual on Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>, to include a link to your book on Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>.

I am sure you already have been through this process?…You go to your Amazon account and choose to edit the content description of your product…so I did that, following their instructions, but when I was done, they said that we cannot place actual URLs in the product description plus they have no place for “related links”, so, I wrote a referral at the end of our product description, mentioning that your title is on Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>…without the full URL and they accepted that...that might increase sales for both of our books if you can do that too in reverse… Below is my new description…I plan to add other books that relate to SignWriting too, and they also said that it takes up to 10 business days before the new description will appear, so if you go there now it will not have this description, which I posted today:

--------

The SignWriting Basics Instruction Manual is a 42-page spiral-bound book designed for the classroom. Learn the basic symbols of SignWriting quickly and visually, an excellent introduction to the International SignWriting Alphabet. Examples in the book are written in American Sign Language (ASL), with illustrations and short sentences in English.<BR>

Learn how to read and write the basic handshapes, contact symbols, finger movements, arm movements and facial expressions of any sign language.<BR>

About the SignWriting Script:<BR>
Over 40 sign languages around the world are becoming written languages, because of the SignWriting Script, which will be in Unicode v.8 in 2015. SignWriting literature, dictionaries and email are available on your computer desktop, on the web, and on tablets and phones using SignPuddle.org and SignWriterStudio.com.<BR>

Why write sign language?<BR>
Reading and writing sign languages preserves the beauty and culture of Deaf people and their native languages, sign languages, and aids in teaching sign languages to both Deaf and hearing people. Every language, whether spoken or signed, benefits from reading and writing, aiding in written translations between languages.<BR>

Other publications that use or refer to SignWriting:<BR>

A Handful of Spells: a novel by Kimberley A. Shaw, available on Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>

—————

Smile…

Have a happy holiday and many thanks for your novel in 2014!

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu