[Sw-l] Stokoe System ... was: Questions about Head movement symbols

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 17 07:32:29 UTC 2014

Hi Valerie, André, Adam,

I am reading your posts about head movement. Hi Valerie, Your explanation is
excellent as always  thank you very much for that. If you look for these
signs in the SignPuddle dictionary of different countries we almost find no
entries with these symbols.  Part of the reason may be that most of the
signs can be understood without this additional description of a sign. On
the other hand most of the SignWriting readers would not remember the
meaning ... moving the head (yes/no  and left/right) is no problem and very
often sufficient

Nevertheless – especially for mimewriting or theater or ... pantomime or
detailed writing it is good to have these symbols.

I am happy to read a message on our list after a long period of silence.
Well I guess that most of us are busy, busy, busy with so many other
projects as always –

All best to all of you

Stefan

  _____