[Sw-l] How can we reach more people with SignWriting?

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Thu Dec 18 01:50:11 UTC 2014

Hello,
I have a plan, here is an overview.

Prepare much resources in advance, then release one each 6 weeks:
Note Anki electronic flashcards and dictionnary are generated effortlessly with Sign Writer studio!

1-my new LSQ web site with links.
2-French translation of SignWriting textbook for Deaf and large public
3-Comparison guide between Québec University system of notation for linguists and interpreters and sigwriting
4-Anki flashcards based on the Comparison guide
5-"how to guide" on studying signwriting LSQ with Anki
6-Flyer 1 page: how to read signwriting
7-PDF dictionnary French LSQ signwriting (problem: needs to review 5000 signpuddle entries)
8-Anki flashcards bassed on the dictionnary French LSQ signwriting
9-Presenting the material to college and universities
10-finish my activity guide for children (second try with elementary school)
11-a new lexique every six months in PDF, signpuddle and anki flashcard
12-a new dictionnary every 18 months
13-Support and troubleshooting for users in Québec
14-Workshops (hard to get people)
15-Booth in events and adds in Deaf news paper.
16-children exchange cards with jokes and trivia questions in signwriting (like hockey collectible cards)

Expected results:
A) all Deafs know about the existance of SignWriting (make the news!)
B) some interpreters read about signwriting and use the dictionnary
C) pass from 2 active list members to 5.

We have a few people whom taugh signwriting or used it.  With this flow of resources, we may initiate a spyral of success.

Warning: the resources will come soon, but the effect may take a few years.  We are building for the future!

André Lemyre