SignWriting Dictionaries

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Wed Feb 5 02:30:39 UTC 2014

Hello,

The ASL illustrated dictionary you developped contains approximately 600 words.  I am conviced that it can be adapted to LSQ within a few week-ends.

The only need would be a skilled reviewer to ensure the accuracy of the signs.

Do you know if a paper or pdf LSQ dictionary already exists?

thank you very much for this offer.

We will discuss this further (soon).

André Lemyre
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:35:44 -0800
From: signwriting at MAC.COM
Subject: Re: Escrita de sinais
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListFebruary 4, 2014
Hello Elen Rose, and André!Thank you for these messages. As you can see below, I translated Elen’s message into English… Thank you for mentioning that we have many fun illustrations ready for use by anyone on our web sites - That is true. Materials posted on my web sites are under the Creative Commons license, which states you are free to use the materials, while giving full credit to everyone involved.
You are welcome to use the illustrations in the books on this web page:
SignWriting Dictionary Libraryhttp://signbank.org/dictionaries/
If you scroll down to the bottom of that page, you will see the Creative Commons License information - So no worries. We would love to have adaptations of the dictionaries on the above web page into other sign languages.
Number 2 on the above web page is this one:
ASL Picture Dictionary in SignWritinghttp://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0570-US-ASLPictureDictionary2006.pdf
It has many charming illustrations and is already in PDF format.
Perhaps you can use that document to create a LIBRAS version, by replacing the ASL-SignWriting with LIBRAS-SignWriting, and replace the English words with Portuguese words. If it is in the same format, it will be easy for me to post it in the SignWriting Dictionary Library.
This will be a blessing because right now the Library only has ASL dictionaries and it was always my intention to post dictionaries in many sign languages...
If anyone would like to adapt it to other sign languages, please do!
Val ;-)

-------Google translation:
You saw the link that Valerie Sutton sent over the material to teach kids!
I love working with ludic. I think the best way to conquer kids and ensure quality learning.
Valerie Sutton will surely quite acessorar your project! I'm sure we'll take it atrvés great ideas ...
See you …
------
On Feb 2, 2014, at 7:12 PM, elen rose <elenlauar at hotmail.com> wrote:Ei André,Você viu o link que a Valerie Sutton enviou sobre o material para ensinar crianças!Adoro trabalhar através do lúdico. Acho a melhor maneira de conquistarmos as crianças e garantir um aprendizado de qualidade.A Valerie Sutton com certeza irá acessorar bastante seu projeto! TEnho certeza que atrvés dela tiraremos excelentes idéias...
See you...