AW: AW: Delegs program

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Feb 27 14:26:21 UTC 2014

Hi Stefan and everyone,

Stefan, Thank you for your answer (Question 3).

Kind regards,

André

De :  Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Wed, 26 Feb 2014 22:28:21 +0100
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  AW: AW: Delegs program

Hello André, and sw-list friends

Your question: ³  3) I wonder if I can transfer from a spoken language text
(Microsoft Word) to that very same spoken language text in the Delegs
software. Question 3: If so, it would be a wonderful software & I would like
to learn how to use it.²

My answer:

Yes you can copy and paste any text from Microsoft Word documents ...and I
do that every day. So in front of the class we type spoken language and in
order to support the deaf students in their efforts to learn spoken language
we copy these sentences (Strg + C)  ... we open the delegs-Editor ... new
document with the given dictionary in the background.

The cursor shows up in the first ³search-word-box² just type ³Strg + V² ...
now you see that box by box ­ term by term ­ you find the signs that are
already stored in your dictionary with all the variations for any sign.

Within a very short time you can prepare worksheets for your students ... or
you may give them the opportunity to work online with your document..;-)

Do not hesitate to ask ... if there is something you want to know about
this.

All best

Stefan