Symposium: sheet paper dimension A4 or Letter

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jul 6 04:33:07 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
July 5, 2014

Hello André, Charles and everyone -

Paper size is one of those issues that never became fully standardized around the world. Out of respect for everyone, I do not want to tell anyone which paper size to choose. I think everyone should do what is natural for your country.

According to Wikipedia, the majority of the world’s countries use A4, which is established by the ISO and is the official United Nations document format. It has been adopted by all countries in the world except the United States. In Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile and the Philippines, the US letter format is still in common use, despite their official adoption of the ISO standard. So I actually thought that Canada was using A4…smile…

So try to adjust your printer’s driver to the size you need, and your printer should shrink or expand it depending on what is needed..

As far as our printing of the Proceedings later, I will be printing the books in the United States so those who want a printed copy will receive a book in US letter size - smile -

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu