Interpreters will be provided at the online Symposium event

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Fri Jun 13 16:56:03 UTC 2014

Hello,
my first idea was to make it silent, with only images and text written in French and English.
My presentation is very visual and I have written text.

I may not have time to prepare more.
If this text could be translated in written Spanish, Portuguese, German, Norway...  That would be great.

Sometimes , in you tube, the full text file is displayed below the video, in the comments...

André Lemyre

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:43:36 -0700
From: signwriting at MAC.COM
Subject: Re: Interpreters will be provided at the online Symposium event
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListJune 13, 2014
Hello André!Yes…I understand the dilemma - how do we know who will be watching from the general public? Which languages will they need?
Of course, your written presentations and videos that we post on your web page can be whatever language you choose to produce… (by the way…to send me large files we can do it through DropBox…I will send you an invitation to drop your documents into a private folder for me later)
So we are just talking about the live presentation…do you want to present live online in French or English or Arabic? Which spoken language is best for you?
Once that is known, then the question is…would ASL interpreting be appropriate? Because that is the easiest for us to provide… but we could find a Quebec Sign Language interpreter for you if you feel you might have viewers whom you know in French Canada?
Your choices are as good as our guesses - so tell us what you feel would be best?
If you do not know of any followers from your area, then we can make the choice here for you - I suspect ASL will be our choice - Or maybe no sign language interpreting at all… not sure yet…we are just feeling our way...
Val ;-)
-------

On Jun 13, 2014, at 9:29 AM, André L <andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA> wrote:Hello,
I do not know who will be watching my presentation on SignAnimating.  I do not know the needed languages.  I can provide several by myself...  How?

André Lemyre