Help with mouth and teeth symbols and SpeechWriting

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Mon Mar 31 16:07:35 UTC 2014

Wow,
this is great, the second link is very complete.
This will keep me busy for the week.
Thanks

PS: how do we proceed with extras added symbols which Stefan developed ?
Are they considered as official?

André Lemyre

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:30:17 -0700
From: signwriting at MAC.COM
Subject: Re: Help with mouth and teeth symbols and SpeechWriting
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListMarch 30, 2014
Hello André!Of course, Stefan Woehrmann is the developer of SpeechWriting so he is the one to talk to about this, but here are some links:
http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/read/Mundbilder/mundbild_lesen_lernen001.htm
http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/read/Mundbilder/uebersicht_mundbilder.htm#%C3%9Cbersicht%20Mundbilder
As you know, it is called Mundbildschrift in German -
Stefan used the Mouth symbols in SignWriting to create a standardized way of writing the way speech looks on the mouth - so when you memorize the symbols and what they represent, people can mouth the words -
So the above web pages list the standard way of writing each sound on the mouth - using the SignWriting mouth symbols plus a few extras added symbols which Stefan developed -
Feel free to correct me, Stefan…we really need you to explain this well -
Val ;-)
--------

On Mar 30, 2014, at 7:32 PM, André L <andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA> wrote:Hello,
I need information about how to represent the visible aspect of speech.  Which are the SignWriting symbols that should be used to represent what a deaf person can read on lips.

I need to develop a correspondance that would integrate SpeechWriting in SignWriting animations.

I know there are many symbols but their respective purpose is unclear to me.

If anyone has any information on this matter, even if it is incomplete or in a draft form, it would help me greatly.

Thanks

André Lemyre
 ________________________________________________SIGNWRITING LIST INFORMATIONValerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.orgPost Messages to the SignWriting List: sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.eduSignWriting List Archives & Home Page http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlistJoin, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu

sutton at signwriting.org