SignWriter Studio 1.2.1.0 released

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Fri Mar 28 18:46:09 UTC 2014

Hi everybody!!,
     I have just released SignWriter Studio 1.2.1.0.  You can get it at
http://signwriterstudio.com/download.htm

Two very basic features have been added.

  * Export Dictionary to Anki
  * Export Dictionary to Html

*How to Export a Dictionary to Anki from SignWriter Studio*
Open SignWriter Studio. Open the Dictionary and be sure the options
settings are set correctly to show the signs. (You can click on the Show
All button just to be sure)
 From the file menu choose "Export to Anki..."
Beside the Text Filename click on the Browse button enter the filename
you want to store exported data in (txt is the default extension)
Beside the PNG Folder click on the Browse button, choose the folder you
want to save the PNGs to
(the folder recommended is collection.media folder of the user of Anki
folder in My documents for example C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\Anki\User
1\collection.media)
All entries except those marked as "Do not export" with be exported.

Click on the Export button.

Open Anki.
 From the File menu choose import.  Choose the file you exported in the
previous step.

The import window should look like this.  Click on Import.

You have now finished importing the signs into Anki
Anki doesn't like importing cards with the same text.  So if you have
two signs with the same gloss, make the gloss is slightly different or
else Anki will only import the first one.

If you want to Export to share the cards, I recommend exporting as Anki
Deck Package .apkg.  If you export media, all the images will be bundled
together in one file to share with someone else.

*How to Export a Dictionary to HTML from SignWriter Studio*
Open SignWriter Studio. Open the Dictionary and be sure the options
settings are set correctly to show the signs. (You can click on the Show
All button just to be sure)
 From the file menu choose "Export to HTML..."

Click on the Browse button to choose a new file to save to.

All entries except those marked as "Do not export" with be exported.
Click Export.

You will now have finished exporting.

The file can be open in any browser.
If you want to print it you can also open the file in Word.  I have done
this to print two columns of text per page as I would normaly with any
Word document in two columns.

Presently there is no way to filter or select a subset of the signs in
the Dictionary.  But I intend on doing something in that regard next.
Look forward to your comments.

Regards,
Jonathan

--