SYMPOSIUM: Scheduling Online Live Presentations - need your suggestions

Sat May 24 18:13:45 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
May 24, 2014

Hello SignWriting List!
I need your opinions - read below -

I am delighted to tell you that we have 40 presentations…39 definite and 1 more perhaps… I will be closing the number at 40, so if there is someone who wants to present and has not submitted your Title write to me…there is still a chance.

So let us start talking about the date and time your presentations will be streamed live online…

Streaming 10 presentations a day, for four days, from July 21-24, 2014, will be amazing. Each live presentation will last around 30 minutes, and take some questions from viewers either by voice, sign language video or texting of some kind. We will try to have interpreters if we can. We will direct the viewers to each presentation’s web page to learn more about the topic, and the 30 minute live presentation will be on YouTube and your web page too, so it will live on ;-)

One way to schedule this (and I would like your opinion), is to group the presentations by time zone and location of the presenters, to make it possible for presenters to present during their daytime hours… so this would mean a schedule like this:

July 21 - 23 North, Central America, South America

July 24 - Europe & Africa

Kind of crazy - huh?

The other way to do the schedule is to group it by subject:

July 21-22 - Education

July 22 - Literature

July 23 - Research

July 24 - Software

and do it the same time each day and presenters will have to stay up at night to present in some cases -

Have any of you had this experience before? I once stayed up to 3:00 in the morning to present in Tunisia in a conference, on Skype, and it was fine with me…but I was tired too...

So please write to tell me your thoughts about streaming 40 presentations online live - should we schedule it by time zone?