SYMPOSIUM: Scheduling Online Live Presentations - need your suggestions

Claudia S. Bianchini chiadu14 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 29 13:31:26 UTC 2014

Hello Val
Am I the only one to answer?

I think that the best solution is to go thematic but with a little
arrangement due to time-gap.
To make 10 presentation or 30min per day we need minimum 5 hour (+1h to
eat)...
And... when in LaJolla is 6am in Rome is 3pm; when in LaJolla is 2pm in
Rome in 1am.
So, to avoid Europeans to stay awaken till 3 in the morning, and to avoir
Americans to get up at 5 in the morning we can scredule the presentations
like this...

1) July 21-22 - Education
from 6am to 11am (California time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) :
Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (California time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) :
Americans presentations

2) July 22 - Literature
from 6am to 11am (California time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) :
Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (California time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) :
Americans presentations

3) July 23 - Research
from 6am to 11am (California time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) :
Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (California time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) :
Americans presentations

4) July 24 - Software
from 6am to 11am (california time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) :
Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (california time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) :
Americans presentations

So if americans want to sleep in the morning they will only lose the 2 or 3
first european presentation, and if the europeans need to go to bed at 11pm
they will only loose 2 or 3 american presentations...

What do you think about this?

Claudia

Claudia S. Bianchini, PhD
MCF Licence SDL-LSF, Univ. Poitiers
Laboratoire EA3816-FoReLL
<chiadu14 at gmail.comt>claudia.savina.bianchini at univ-poitiers.fr
<chiadu14 at gmail.comt>
Université de Poitiers - UFR Lettres et Langues (Bât. A3)
1 rue Raymond CANTEL - TSA 11102
86073 POITIERS CEDEX 9

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: