Signwriting keyboard Kickstarter project idea

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Thu Oct 9 15:04:59 UTC 2014

On 10/9/2014 8:54 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> October 9, 2014
>
> Thank you, Jonathan, for taking on this initiative!
>
> I really like your idea of making the SW Keyboard design that is in
> SignWriter DOS and Java, usable on the web, with SignPuddle, and also
> with SignWriter Studio - that is a very cool idea!
>
> I hope everyone will support this idea and help all you can -
>
> I assume that people can still use SignPuddle and SignWriter Studio
> with a mouse too, as always…
That right this will be adding the keyboard.  Not replacing anything
that already exists.

> The SW Keyboard would be an addition to the current software that is
> available - is that right, Jonathan?
Yes that is right. And I hope that the new keyboard will be able to be
included in any future websites that let the users write SignWriting.
It is only the keyboard with SignWriting composing capabilities but the
other features needed will be provide by the website that is installed
in.  For example  you could write a document with it then save it to a
Literature Puddle, and use it from there as you always have before.

Or just add an Entry to the Dictionary Puddle.

Jonathan