Examples of Syllable 4: Detailed Sorting

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 8 15:26:29 UTC 2014

Hi Adam and Jonathan.

What Jonathan and I are running up against is Sign-Symbol-Sequence by Syllable, so, for example with a sign like Deaf (with face contact) and Deaf (without face contact), I put the first and second positions of the face when there are no contacts but the hand is near the space BEFORE the writing where there is actual contact on the head. The only way to order them in a dictionary (for me) is to have distinct syllables and spellings within syllables. So that first-syllable INDEX HAND-NEAR EAR ARC-(second syllable)-NEAR MOUTH ARC  comes before (first syllable) HAND-EAR ARC-CONTACT-(second syllable)EAR-MOUTH-CONTACT.

We are trying to order positions on the Head in relation to contacts with the Head in syllables. Trying to get a fixed order of relation to one part of a syllable to the next part.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Adam Frost <icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2014 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Examples of Syllable 4: Detailed Sorting

I’m not sure what you mean by 1-3. Do you mean the location on the hand? And what do you mean by Top-Down for the Face?

As for the neck, I found this sign with SignSpelling Sequence.

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=4&sid=9098

For the shoulder, I found this sign with SignSpelling Sequence.

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=4&sid=7005

Adam