[Sw-l] Dissertation about SL Avatar

Claude Mifsud claudemifsud at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 9 09:19:21 UTC 2015

Hello to all,

I had sent the below email back in October when I was starting my
undergraduate dissertation; I would like to thank all those who replied,
the material which was passed on to me was quite helpful.

I'm now facing a problem though, all the previous examples of SL Avatars
make use of SWML, and naturally I took the same route, but now that I've
gotten to the final stage of the dissertation I've noticed that output from
SignPuddle to SWML is no longer supported.

I would like to ask whether there's anyway that I could either convert FSW
to SWML or how I could implement FSW into my program. Any readings on FSW
would be highly appreciated as I can't find anything apart from the
SignPuddle wiki page
<http://signpuddle.net/wiki/index.php/MSW:Formal_SignWriting>, from which I
still can't figure out exactly how I can get the symbols from FSW.

Any examples of programs which make use of FSW would help as well.

Best Regards,

  Claude Mifsud

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: