[Sw-l] Signwriting in mobile user interface

Eduardo Trápani etrapani at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 24 16:14:44 UTC 2015

> This is last years technology.  The new technology uses TrueType fonts
> and does not require server side SVG images.  This eliminates any visual
> delay and greatly reduces network communication.  For example, a large
> page of the ASL Wikipedia will require over 1 MB of images.  It will
> require only 30 KB of Formal SignWriting if the fonts are installed for
> the same page.

Cool! I'll try that. It's hard to keep up with you! :)

I was thinking about having some cache (because there are only so many
texts in the interface), but this is a lot cleaner and more efficient.

> The minified file is less than 20 KB and includes a lot of additional
> functionality.
> http://slevinski.github.io/sw10js/api.html

The testing suite[1] reports some errors in Chromium 44 and in Firefox
40 and in FirefoxOS. For example, the test for .size() always fails.
What should I do?

[1] http://slevinski.github.io/sw10js/tests/