[Sw-l] SignWriting Symposium 2015

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Mon Feb 23 17:24:37 UTC 2015

Hi List,

Last year, I believe our SignWriting Symposium 2014 was a tremendous
success.  It is a great resource I enjoy referencing.

I hope we can have another symposium in 2015.  Even though Val hasn't
formally announced the next symposium, I would invite everyone in the
SignWriting family to think about ideas for papers, videos, or
presentations to tell us more about their work.

I do not believe we will have the 40 hours of live broadcasting again,
but something more reasonable live 20 hours should be feasible.   Every
presenter will have their own presentation page with links to their
papers, videos, and presentation material.  If we have too many
presentations for the live broadcast, some presenters will need to send
prepared videos of their presentation, which Val will announce during
the symposium with links to the source material.

I really enjoyed learning about everyone's work during our last
symposium.  I look forward to another chance this year to learn even more.

This year, I am planning 2 presentations.  The first is aimed at a
general audience and will highlight the new SignText that is currently
under development, along with the supporting fonts, tools, and
standards.  The second is aimed at power users and will cover the data
formats and how to write advanced search queries by hand.

Regards,
-Steve