[Sw-l] Fwd: First announcement & Call for Posters: Developing Annotation Standards for Sign Language Corpora

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jan 26 16:51:46 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
January 26, 2015

Dear SW List Members -
Below is a message just posted to the Sign Language Linguists List (SLLING). Sign Language Annotation is actually a little different than SignWriting…it is related to databases developed for cross-linguistic research that is not a way to write sign languages on a daily basis, like we do with the SignWriting Script, but more for linguistic research. Nonetheless, technically SignWriting can be used for this kind of work in databases too, if it is programmed into the databases, and there is some work happening now in that area with the SignWriting Script as well… so…. thought you might be interested…It is an interesting topic...  Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu