[Sw-l] Should the SW List remain open to the public unmoderated?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jan 12 00:58:24 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
January 11, 2014

Hi Ingvild, Adam and Steve -
Sure nice to chat with all of you - I have been getting a little lonely for messages I guess, and instead getting spam to read - the messages were in German, Russian, Arabic and a message written in English, but specifically from a company in China…and the subject matters were very diverse and off topic…They were also posted in the Archives, but I just deleted them on the server, although the spam messages are still in the Archive 3 which is a mirror of our List on LinguistList.org…which has also changed its url, so boy, there is so much to do just to keep up with the world!

I hope it is true that these spam messages are sent to me as the moderator and not to List members - I am glad at least to know that you have not been burdened by them-

Thank you Ingvild, for writing - I miss you so much!

And Happy New Year, Adam and everyone -

We will have a great 2015 I know!

Val ;-)

-------