[Sw-l] SW Symposium Proceedings Book

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jun 7 17:35:39 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
June 7, 2015

The SignWriting Symposium Proceedings Book will include the proceedings of 2014 and 2015 combined. I hope to publish it after the 2015 presentations are completed.

In 2014, there were 40 presentations with 42 presenters from 12 countries.

In 2015, there are 10 new presentations with 8 new presenters (8 who did not present in 2014).

So the Proceedings Book will include 50 presentations, and 50 presenters - what a cool number!

Actually, some presentations had multiple presenters, so several presenters presented more than once, but nonetheless, the numbers are quite amazing - 50 presentations and 50 presenters ;-)

By the way, in 2014, we had presenters from 12 countries:

Brazil
Canada
France
Germany
Honduras
Italy
Malta
Paraguay
Portugal
Slovenia
Tunisia
USA

In 2015, we are adding a new country: Saudi Arabia, and James Shepard-Kegl’s presentation is about writing Nicaraguan Sign Language, although I believe James will be presenting from Maine, in the USA.

So this will be an international book, and it will have an ISBN number under the SignWriting Press (Center for Sutton Movement Writing)…

Unless you all want it to be published by another publisher…If there is a publisher that is connected to the research world that you would prefer, that could add prestige, tell me, and I will contact them to see if they wish to publish it.

Thank you to all of you for all your hard work and dedication  -