[Sw-l] SW math problem solving

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Mar 19 16:10:00 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
March 19, 2015

Hi Ingvild!

Thank you for this message about teaching Deaf children mathematics in Norway…

Your point below, about the fact that both sign language and math are highly space dependent is very interesting…So that is a place for SignWriting, as you say…

I searched the Norwegian SignPuddle ( http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=3&sgn=69 <http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=3&sgn=69> ) for “matematikk” and see a good number of signs related to mathematics -