[Sw-l] signmail is not working ;-(

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Mar 6 19:51:06 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
March 6, 2015

Hi Stefan!
Thank you for this message…

Talking about our “To Do List”…

Steve and I spoke this morning and he is working on new software and he needs a week or two to focus and complete step 1 in the new software…when it is ready it means that SignMaker and later SignText will be able to be used fully on iPhones (versions 4S and later), and iPads and any Apple device that uses iOS 6, 7, 8 or the latest (I think 8 is the latest right now)…and on Safari and Firefox web browsers on desktop computers too. Later SignPuddle will get the coordinating updates. And I understand all this will be compatible with any software that can use FSW, so it will be usable with SignWriter Studio as well…The software uses TrueType Fonts, but can also use SVG (if I have understood this correctly)…so it holds great promise for spreading the writing of SignWriting on iPhones, iPads and computers.

The SignMail problem is frustrating because it is actually working, but it gets lost in the internet somehow, or on a server, and it is detective work to find the issue as to why the messages are not reaching their destination…

So once SignMaker 2015 is announced we will go back to trying to figure it out -

Thanks so much for your patience -

Please send my best to your students -

Have a wonderful day too -

Val ;-)