[Sw-l] Request from Brazilian LIBRAS writer for Fingerspeller for LIBRAS

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Mar 12 04:15:28 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
March 11, 2015

Dear SW List -
Did you all know that you can join me on Facebook? Years ago I created this Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/SignWriting <https://www.facebook.com/SignWriting>

It is really me answering all the questions…and I try to keep it all SignWriting and DanceWriting and not too much personal stuff -

So anyone can join me on Facebook and I get private questions about SignWriting these days - so that is part of the reason I am not on the SignWriting List as much - there seems to be so much communication in other avenues now…

This evening I got this question on Facebook -

He is a skilled writer who wants to create the Fingerspeller Program, that is a part of SignPuddle, for the LIBRAS Manual Alphabet….Right now, there is a pull down menu when you click on the FingerSpell Icon, but there are only three Fingerspelling keyboards available: two for ASL and one for DGS (German Sign Language)…

So Steve…can you teach us all how to create a FingerSpell keyboard for other countries, specifically Brazil? Please see attached screen capture: