[Sw-l] Preview of the new SignMaker 2015

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sat Mar 14 14:21:30 UTC 2015

On 3/14/15 5:34 AM, Madson Barreto wrote:
> Hi, Steve,
>
> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D we cannot stop.... :D :D
>
> Wow!!! You give us those BIG SMILES!!!

Thanks Madson and Raquel, you've made my day. (smile)

> When it will open for general use? Tomorrow morning? Smile...
> We cannot wait more...

The link will stay the same.  Use it any time and feel free to share
it.  I've been updating every Thursday night, so that I can show Val my
progress.
http://signbank.org/signmaker

If you want to use SignMaker offline, you can simply use the browser
menu option: File >> Save page as.  This will copy the HTML files and
create a copy on your computer.  The new SignMaker does not need a
server connection to work.

Once I have a solid release ready, I will post the code on GitHub and I
will make several custom download links available.  The main download
will have a blank dictionary.  The other downloads will contain
snap-shot of the various SignPuddle dictionaries.

I am planning several videos to demonstrate the use.  My favorite
feature is searching by symbol.  The power of formal strings and regular
expressions on display!  The technical terms and ideas or complicated,
but searching by symbols is easy and fast.

My to do list is getting smaller:
* Integrate local dictionary saving and editing
* Complete user interface messages configuration
* Fine tune keyboarding options
* Improve preferences tab and add saving
* Separate symbol palette data for customization
* Incorporate the SignSpelling Sequence column

Thanks again,
-Steve